Register

DonkeyPunch Community Gaming

GAME ON!!! -sTanG

News:

Be careful when people that are loud get quiet.....
Administrator

DirtySanchez

July 22, 2016, 06:04:25 PM
Humanitarian Posts: 932 Humanity: +1337/-420
With the Nex Corvus group dropping support of Exile here at DonkeyPunch we have been forced to work harder and move.
So last night I dropped the money on a new dedicated box, thanks to the deal at OVH we are lucky :)
As of right now I have backed up all my Open projects, prior servers(13 to be exact), downloads for safe keeping, current servers(4), all the backups for the last few days and made sure I have a list of all my needed software, drivers and updates.

Ok so I passed out working on it late last night and have woke up and worked hard to get where we are right now.
I have the main 3 servers setup and functioning. That's referring to Tanoa, TanoaZ and the TanoaTest servers.
I have made several successful tests regarding the import of the current data on the servers, which is a relief :cool:

Upgrading, I did some rewriting of some Hiving code from a ole buddy and updated it for arma 3 1.62 and for exile 1.0.0.
About 3 hours ago, I managed to have both Tanoa and TanoaZ hived together sharing data in the fields mentioned here:

Respect
Rank
Locker
Kills - will be split up into Murders / Ai Kills / Zombie Kills
Deaths
Total Connections

as well as the needed

FAMILIES

This presents us with a great opportunity to provide you, the players, with a unique arcade room like experience.
As I have always allowed here at DonkeyPunch, you can run any and all mods that our servers run and join any of the servers.
For instance, right now Tanoa and TanoaZ have different mods. Both share the same Exile Mod and DP Addon for Exile.
However, the TanoaZ server has Zombies and Demons as well as my own RZ Infection for Exile, but these two extra addons can be run on Tanoa without worrying about getting kicked.
This allows for the admin/staff teams and the players to be able to go from DP server to DP server without having to restart your game nor add any extra mods :cool:

I have always done this practice, just never had too much reason to go into the details until NOW~!

So to sum up this update, We are moving to a new IP to save some dough over the next several months. We are keeping our Data intact during this move, all players should expect ZERO loss, if there are any problems you guys know teamspeak and will definitely be helped out as soon as we can :p

Thank you guys for your continued support!!

Game ON!!!!

-sTanG

ps. Desolation Redux is coming along nicely

Website: http://DonkeyPunch.INFO  |  Discord: https://discord.me/eXpoch  |  TeamSpeak: ts3.donkeypunch.info

• Bravo Bunny
  • Humanity: +10/-0

[important news] New DEDICATED Server is LIVE!

Brodsort117 Reply 1 July 23, 2016, 11:47:22 AM

Sounds amazing boss! You bust your ass for all us players. Good job, and thank you for all the work you put in. I cant wait to see how the server has progressed the last couple months!

Cheers and thanks again,
-Brod

Facebook Comments

1337-420