Register

DonkeyPunch Community Gaming

GAME ON!!! -sTanG

News:

Spring 2017 is here and the weather is getting better, expect fast updates to happen over the next few weeks. Many surprises to come.
Administrator

DirtySanchez

June 25, 2016, 02:59:42 PM
Humanitarian Posts: 932 Humanity: +1337/-420
So as mentioned, I invited all of my steam friends to the Steam Group.
I didn't realize that I had some devs and others in that list as well.

Here comes the CUP(Community Upgrade Project) lead developer:

Never tell your password to anyone.
Chairborne: hey mate does the community you linked play with cup?

MusTanG: LMAO chairborne, that community is mine and NO I dumped your mods for this very reason.
MusTanG: I did love em, hell I started with your guys mod when it was just the lowly cup weapons in 2014 and I have watched you guys do some good things, All of which are part of ARMA samples which is free to the world.
MusTanG: However, your decisions concerning Bohemia's monetization rules when communities cant even do a reserved slot without it. You guys are slowly killing off the quality servers that barely survived in the first place. Then with CUP it all comes together with content for arma 3 and then those using it find out that the people behind CUP dont even want you to survive......
MusTanG: Well at that point brotha, IM out. The only way communities survive is by the generosity of their players. If a reserved slot entices a player to donate a messely fucking 5 dollars a month to help pay for a 200 dollar a month server, well thats something a community needs to take advantage of
MusTanG: So while you slowly dwindle down your followers and supporters like me, that used to come with bug reports and fixes even before your new website, well again IM out.
MusTanG: enjoy your working on a mod that communities wont be able to survive if they use......bye chairborne

Lets see what he has to say...will update if he replies

Well after a few hours this person(wont even call him a man) replies:
Chairborne: ah fuck off
Chairborne: people can play it all they want as long as they dont monetize
Chairborne: you get to make money off other people work
Chairborne: yet we're the bad people
Chairborne: whatever dude

and my final replies to the person that thinks they control ARMA samples

MusTanG: Bohemia recognized the need for servers to survive and provided a set of rules and guidlines so that the ASSHOLE Greedy Profiteers of the arma world would be under law to not break the ToS. These rules by themselves should be enough reason for you to allow monetization. The rules are clear and concise and the BIS monetization team usually takes several weeks to approve an application after a thorough search of the community and its mission file. Sorry you cant handle the truth, but just look at your numbers, they should show you enough to realize.
MusTanG: Oh yeah and btw, you going after legitimate monetized servers is not the correct approach to stopping the profiteers. They are NOT monetized, they are lurking in the shadows of the arma world so that they cant be found as easily. SO GO HUNT THEM DUDE and stay off the backs of wholesome communities

Website: http://DonkeyPunch.INFO  |  Discord: https://discord.me/eXpoch  |  TeamSpeak: ts3.donkeypunch.info

Facebook Comments

1337-420