Register

DonkeyPunch Community Gaming

GAME ON!!! -sTanG

News:

Be careful when people that are loud get quiet.....
Administrator

DirtySanchez

December 18, 2015, 03:21:23 PM
Humanitarian Posts: 932 Humanity: +1337/-420
Hey everybody I hope you are going to enjoy this addon as much as my heart tells me.

After a long process of learning and trying over several mods, I had finally created a way for R3F to save to the database. Wasn't too hard when I finally reached my goal but time was not on my side this fall Many hours of work per week. however when all was finished and hours went back to normal I tackled it quite easily and was taken aback by the progress I made from there, to now being completely different than my original idea to accomplish this.

So the story started with a custom server side PVEH to send data to write to the DB. When that was accomplished my donkey menu could start getting completed with my Base Addon category as well as some new nifty Crafting ideas. So I finished up Base Addons to start em off. Costing respect and on some add some poptabs, all were required to be in your own territory. They saved with UID and to their Territory in Exile. Worked great. I had to add in some custom Interaction Menus and constructions but it worked well. Then I took it to R3F's creation factory and had a blast with it. Got about 330+ items in it from Arma 3 and AiA in 5 or 6 categories, it was sweet to use.

However I was limited to using only the categories with no bs items in it, which personally almost all have some BS items in it with only a few that are tolerable. Then the cost factor with credits and only pricing by factors per category was shit. No real control over it.

Then came the bugs..... LOLZ the Sniper tower crafted by Script killed the player upon walking up close or up the stairwell. Then the R3F wasn't allowing MOVE/Remove capabilities after restarts.....SUCKED ROYALLY!

So after 2 weeks of all that work to attempt completion of the project, 1.54 came out and WHEW...

We had to make a few custom fixes for our servers. First one was community provided FIXED the popup about Stamina Bars, however our headless clients were just like our players and all the complications from doing quick fixes were not worth the trouble they could cause.

So I created my own Arma 3 addon(signed), added it to the server with key and ran it on my own client as well(passed it off here so those with Headless client issues could resolve them temporarily until Exile updated). It worked flawlessly for what we needed to accomplish.

Which then led me to create my own addon for this entire Base Addon idea and man oh man is it loaded with features for everyone.

Lets see, where to start..................... :thinking: .............................

*We've got New Inventory Items including Buildables(sandbags/hbarriers/Garage/New Shelves/New XSafe/New XShed/NEW NEW NEW NEW),

*Magazines (RedGull+more drinks/TacticalBacon+/Rice/Cereal/Vitamins/Painkillers/BLOODBAGS!!!!!! 100% Health/Thirst and Hunger YEEEEHAW/Bunch of fish and more),

*Craftables (Sandbags/Bagfence)(Hbarrier/3 and 5/Sniper Nests + more)

*Fully Functional Field Toilets.

*New XSafe = 4 X's the space of the original Exile Safe(its 2x since last weeks update)

*New XShed = almost 8X   Who doesn't want a lockable metal shed

*Tons of new stuff is being added and also stuff hasn't been mentioned here yet.

I have fully integrated all configs for EXILE. This means all items and buildables and food, drink, health items function as though they were made for EXILE(WHICH THEY WERE!) My alpha version has DonkeyPunch all over it :) :) :)
However, for the release stages I will remove the DonkeyPunch branding in the item names and such. It will be nice and neat in the end ;)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 12:08:19 AM by DirtySanchez »

Website: http://DonkeyPunch.INFO  |  Discord: https://discord.me/eXpoch  |  TeamSpeak: ts3.donkeypunch.info

• Humanitarian
  • Humanity: +1337/-420

DonkeyPunch Presents Arma 3 for Exile Addon!

DirtySanchez Reply 1 December 24, 2015, 01:43:40 PM

Website: http://DonkeyPunch.INFO  |  Discord: https://discord.me/eXpoch  |  TeamSpeak: ts3.donkeypunch.info

1337-420