GAME ON!!! -sTanG

News:

DayZ SA development well under way

Dbaggery at Traders

780 10 normal post

cring0

September 06, 2015, 03:37:03 AM
Bravo Bunny Posts: 5 Humanity: +10/-0
I couldn't find a place to report players so I posted here.

I've been playing on your server all night and there has been a few players that just hang out at the trader all night getting into other players' vehicles and stealing their things, trying to steal their vehicles and selling them, etc.

I was streaming all night, told them I was streaming and recording and they continued to steal.

http://www.twitch.tv/cring0/v/14655627

Bylov Handjob & Bodacious @ 22:00
Shotgoon @ 3:57:00 & 5:35:00

We've always loved playing on your servers, but if this cancer is allowed to go on it's not really worth playing.  Now that I think about it we should have just started using a different trader... but still, shouldn't be happening.  I'm not sure if any admins were on, if they were... I'm not sure what they were doing.  It was the middle of the night though.

• Bravo Bunny
  • Humanity: +10/-0

Dbaggery at Traders

cring0 Reply 1 September 06, 2015, 04:06:54 AM

I highlighted the bit at the end where Shotgoon steals everything out of our ifrit and procedes to try selling the ifrit: http://www.twitch.tv/cring0/v/14695901

• Bravo Bunny

Dbaggery at Traders

Sneak010 Reply 2 September 06, 2015, 08:13:40 AM

This is a common problem with this mod had same happen to me, I would like to see the safe zones lifted then watch all the little trolls winge to the admins haha!! Don't let it get to you dude its Arma I think Mustangs working on a script to resolve this issue :cool:
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 08:16:21 AM by Sneak010 »

• Bravo Bunny

Dbaggery at Traders

Hammy Deacon Reply 3 September 06, 2015, 09:03:51 AM

Something indeed needs to be done, but I don't think its so much on Mustang to do it. Its up to the Exile dev's to make changes like locking vehicles when your in it and limiting access to trunks. You guys need to get on the Exile Mod forums and post in Feedback or Feature Requests to try and make some changes happen.

• Bravo Bunny

Dbaggery at Traders

Hexphire Reply 4 September 06, 2015, 03:34:35 PM

Does dbaggery count as people planting their ass next to your vehicle waiting for you to get out or unlock it? It's getting kind of old when the server is full and I've got buddies waiting to get in and I'm being held up from using my vehicle because of some waste of a server slot player wanting to be a douche. I'm gonna deal with it and play because I like donkey punch but this kind of thing is gonna turn away decent players for sure.

• Bravo Bunny

Dbaggery at Traders

cring0 Reply 5 September 06, 2015, 04:23:10 PM

Quote from: Hexphire;963
Does dbaggery count as people planting their ass next to your vehicle waiting for you to get out or unlock it? It's getting kind of old when the server is full and I've got buddies waiting to get in and I'm being held up from using my vehicle because of some waste of a server slot player wanting to be a douche. I'm gonna deal with it and play because I like donkey punch but this kind of thing is gonna turn away decent players for sure.

Have them run somewhere else, draw the dbags somewhere else, then fly over to your buddies. It is ridiculous.

• Bravo Bunny

Dbaggery at Traders

Hexphire Reply 6 September 06, 2015, 05:04:44 PM

Quote from: cring0;964
Have them run somewhere else, draw the dbags somewhere else, then fly over to your buddies. It is ridiculous.

I don't think you get what I'm saying, I buy a chopper, move it and land it, lock it and go in to buy stuff. when I get back I'm basically screwed because a player sits and waits for me to unlock my vehicle because as soon as I do he gets in. So while the troll sits there for an hr trying to out wait me or trick me, he's wasting a server slot for someone that actually might want to play as well as completely wrecking the game for impatient people who aren't being ass hats.

At this point, there might as well be no safe zone cause instead of dying and running back all the time you're just not able to use half the shit you can buy.

As a side note cring0 the same guys doing this to me are typically seen with bylov. It's been optiquest, spanky, bylov and shotgoon doing most of the trolling from what I've seen.

• Humanitarian
  • Humanity: +1337/-420

Dbaggery at Traders

DirtySanchez Reply 7 September 07, 2015, 12:32:31 AM

Jeez my reply didn't go through the first time CRINGO, sorry bud :( my bad

Anyhow.

We all spawn as convicts, so in reality this open world all convicts PvP will not be fair.
We will do our best to keep things on the real for the players to still have an enjoyable experience, but remember you are all escaped criminals.

Even real good people in a survival situation will do whatever is necessary to survive!

We have already extended the safe zones to 500m radius to deter the easy kill on entry or exit.
There are now many more available routes to take in and out of the central traders.

Remember PEOPLE there are 2 other traders on the map for you to use. if you keep getting camped and stolen from at central GO ELSEWHERE!
If you touch a hot stove and burn yourself are you going to do it repeatedly? I think not

However, I am considering utilizing the respect Variable and making it so that player with a negative(unsure what one yet) will not be in any position to enter/go near the safe zone.
Not sure exactly what I want to implement but its a WIP as we think new ideas to make it even, allowing for any player to do what they want and keep everything FUN!
Website: http://DonkeyPunch.INFO  |  Discord: https://discord.me/eXpoch  |  TeamSpeak: ts3.donkeypunch.info

• Bravo Bunny

Dbaggery at Traders

cring0 Reply 8 September 07, 2015, 02:25:09 AM

While I grasp what you're saying... I don't know man, if we were RP'ing that would be one thing, but then there wouldn't be a need for a safe zone.  They're just abusing the safe zone, which is exploiting... which supposedly is against the rules...  If it just happened randomly I wouldn't have even cared much, but they're just sitting there, literally ALL NIGHT stealing things from people and hopping in their vehicles to sell them.  There's no fun in that whatsoever, it's not a challenge, there's absolutely nothing you can do to counter it other than... not go to the trader or drive across the map to another trader hoping that the server isn't just full of these ass clowns, which is going to happen if it's permissible.  I mean if that's the type of mentality and environment you want to occupy your server, then touche.  I don't know, I just don't understand why anyone would even want to play that way, you're not... even playing...  I feel it's something the Exile devs need to figure more than server owners though, there's not much you can really do about it other than tediously weeding individual players out.

As far as negative rep goes, I think not allowing them to access traders would be a bit much, but maybe if it's possible to lift the safety from individual players that would make more sense.  I don't know, I never really even liked safe zones tbh lol.  It just makes it easy for people to occupy the server and not actually play.  I'm guessing that's why Epoch did what they did with their traders... but eh.  The server is occupied as hell so obviously there are less people that have a problem with any of it.  Maybe we should all just sit at the traders and not actually do anything.  I didn't know you were allowing it to happen, so I relent.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 02:36:54 AM by cring0 »

• Bravo Bunny

Dbaggery at Traders

Umdrehung Reply 9 September 07, 2015, 09:01:41 AM

hi, im Umdrehung/Bylov Handjob and half a dozen other profiles.  let me address your concerns point by point:

Quote from: cring0;967
but they're just sitting there, literally ALL NIGHT stealing things from people and hopping in their vehicles to sell them.

last night i dont think we stole more than one or two vehicles.  we have to use the same trade zone and the same traders as you do to sell the shit we steal.  somehow we don't get our shit stolen.  why is that?  either we're much faster than you or you are too stupid to protect your valuables.  there's nothing the devs of the game or the admin of this server can do to compensate for either of those things.  play better or play smarter.

There's no fun in that whatsoever

boy are you ever wrong about that

there's absolutely nothing you can do to counter it other than...

there's about a thousand things you can do to counter it and you listed several.  we often use the other traders when the central one is too hot.  if you spent less time crying for an admin and more time thinking, you'd find some elegant solutions to the same problems we have.

I just don't understand why anyone would even want to play that way

let me give you my logic: you spend a few hours with your buddies running missions, getting loot, getting shot at by other clans, running back from spawn towns, doing the hard work the decent missions require.  On your way back to the trade zone, I blow you up with an IED or Optiquest steals your strider/efrit/whatever the fuck.  It takes me less than 5 minutes to take everything you've worked for for the last 3 hours and make tens of thousands of credits.  i think that's a beautiful thing.

we have a system to make sure our shit never gets stolen.  you cry hacks and exploits, but you have access to the same set of rules and variables we do.  we're all playing the same exact game, yet somehow you are getting your skull crushed over, and over, and over again.  why is that?  all you guys do is sit in the safezone and whine about how unfair the server is.  now you're whining about it here.  that's pathetic.

stop crying and do something about it.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 09:08:34 AM by Umdrehung »

• Bravo Bunny

Dbaggery at Traders

ghandi Reply 10 September 07, 2015, 06:31:13 PM

how about a script which takes exile respect from people after a certain amount of time lingering in safe zones

1337-420