News:

DayZ SA development well under way

BIG Day for Chernarus! :)

495 0 normal post
Administrator

DirtySanchez

July 18, 2015, 11:09:15 PM
Humanitarian Posts: 933 Humanity: +1337/-420
Well started the day off with no work planned, but got a kick in the right direction.

Chernarus is back and will be Donkey Punch's main server. we will be switching ports to 2382 and take over those stats.

Boy listing out work performed today....

First was improving the stats system.
The original version had players loading 20 variables for the rank change and sifting through 20 variables on death.
I had made an improvement to the on death variables and created the first version of the rank change calculation.
From there we ran it live and all is running great.
I then worked out a few client side rpt error's that the Epoch Realism script was spitting out.
Once I finished with that, I had another thought about the stats.
I was able to reduce the variables down to one on load and one on death also allowing me to send the victims exact rank to the killer.
This then prompted me to improve even farther the rank change calculation.
It now takes in consideration both parties exact rank and does some magic and wham it will spit out an appropriate change.
The script used to have 20 files to handle the variables :(, I also reduced this down to one and the single file handles all of it! :)

Once I was happy with all of this I decided to move onto Chernarus, I had a few inquiries and a swift Lets play. Thanks GUYS (.)(.)

Running just Cherno Fall for a minute until we see if we are going to still be hosting a dedicated server through August :(

I started with a lot of work to go in order to feel confident in its playability.......
Ok, first thing is first make sure all the goodies are already working, check!

Still had to straighten out a lot to get it there.
Worked in the stats and epoch realism scripts into the mission file(DONE)
Custom AI spawns for missions/airfields and blacklisting spawn points(DONE)
Brown(random) and Black(static) traders locations setup(DONE) might make a few pricing changes
Blue(Hero-static) and Red(Bandit-random) traders locations setup(DONE) will add more cup weapons to the pricing files
Created Custom Crates for AI static missions on map.(DONE) want to add respawn timers

Hit a past thought and was successful.
We now have an added building system.
So far all the items on the Donkey Menu crafting and donator menu can be taken and moved/adjusted as long as its within the radius of your plot pole.
Military walls, sandbags, razor wire, snipers nests. These are all temporary for one restart but are a great addition to the base system.

Might have a few more ideas to work on, but calling it a night.
ENJOY!

Website: http://DonkeyPunch.INFO  |  Discord: https://discord.me/eXpoch  |  TeamSpeak: ts3.donkeypunch.info

1337-420