Register

DonkeyPunch Community Gaming

GAME ON!!! -sTanG

News:

@)@) Rona Boogaloo is here, check out Vagrants Paradise newest server creation on DayZ SA Community Servers

Jessedi

July 06, 2015, 07:52:57 PM
Bravo Bunny Posts: 21 Humanity: +10/-0
Mustang you asked for some feedback on what we thought the new mission system was like. There are a few tweaks that I think may make it a better experience for the players.

Town raids need to remain till finished or there time extended much longer.
Currently the town raids will despawn after about 45 minutes if not completed, this is not enough time. If you get to the mission 20 minutes after it started you may fail the mission while actively doing it. This also has another side effect, if neither town mission is completed both despawn at the same time leaving us only the two DP custom missions. While having the two DP missions is fine you may have players doing them at the same time leaving no missions on the map.

Mission respawn times.  
We discussed in TS that the missions now have a random spawn time of 25-55 minutes (something like that) I think we need to reevaluate this. We should be sure there is always one Hero and one Bandit mission up. Currently as said above you can possibly have no missions up which drives down PvP and turns some players away. We need to always have an activity to do, some enjoy camping a high traveled area (me) and others enjoy the PvE aspect of AI missions. We need to be sure that those players have their content so they stick around and give the PvP players more hot zones.

I know that there is always a CTF point up which is great. I've seen more people headed to them recently. but over all I think we need to be sure there is more foe players to do.

AI 50 Cal. truck patrol.
This particular AI is currently to accurate. I have been and seen multiple times this AI shoot a player out of the cockpit of a heli traveling 200+Kph 300 meters up in the first burst of fire. Hopefully you could dial back his aim bot just a bit.

Hopefully you all understood what I'm trying to say here and I'll clear up any questions asap.

• Humanitarian
  • Humanity: +1337/-420

Thoughts on new AI and mission system.

DirtySanchez Reply 1 July 07, 2015, 09:40:43 AM

Great feedback and thank you very much it's gotten kinda dull in here making all these lonely posts.

The purpose behind the mission respawn time variances are to keep performance while we are running over 200 ai.
the server starts up with 2 towns 2 customs 1 CTF 2 ai Offroad Convoys 1 helI convoy 6 zombie town triggers 9 heli/plane/vehicles crashes and unlimited donkey drops .

This is a fuck ton to start the server with but it gets us a fantastic start with plenty to do.
I varied the respawn timers on the 2 towns and the 2 customs so that as the population grew through the 4 hours we would keep up performance.

Even if you have some time to wait for one to pop which according to all of my calculations you should not have to wait anything more than 15 to 30 minutes no matter what order you complete them in.
when I return to home I will keep an eye on the missions and consider your request.

AI trucks no problem I will check em out, I know I turned down the AI already but will check on the gunner ai levels
Website: http://DonkeyPunch.INFO  |  Discord: https://discord.me/eXpoch  |  TeamSpeak: ts3.donkeypunch.info

• Bravo Bunny
  • Humanity: +10/-0

Sneak010 Reply 2 July 07, 2015, 03:41:00 PM

Another thing I have noticed Gentleman is the AI Ghosthawk there scattered all over the map when players shoot them down you cannot get in them! :(

• Humanitarian

DirtySanchez Reply 3 July 07, 2015, 05:03:16 PM

Quote from: Sneak010;869
Another thing I have noticed Gentleman is the AI Ghosthawk there scattered all over the map when players shoot them down you cannot get in them! :(

Hmmm, I actually have the mission system setup for allowing all vehicles to be taken...
Are these vehicles locked, or do you attempt to get in and it kicks you back out immediately?

If there are any like that on the map, please log location for me and I will remove.

I however have plans to adjust the mission system heli convoy reducing them to one chopper with crew and making 2 or 3 out of the current 1.
Website: http://DonkeyPunch.INFO  |  Discord: https://discord.me/eXpoch  |  TeamSpeak: ts3.donkeypunch.info

• Bravo Bunny

Sneak010 Reply 4 July 07, 2015, 05:38:32 PM

Yeah will do next time I see them. Its strange you don't get option to lock the Ghosthawk or get in.

• Humanitarian

DirtySanchez Reply 5 July 07, 2015, 05:46:15 PM

Thanks Sneak!

• Bravo Bunny

ShadowRanger Reply 6 July 09, 2015, 10:13:41 AM

I think we should have the weapon convoy back, with some good loot in it and it should be cover by 2 50 cal truck and a hemtt with Ai in it to make it looks like a convoy. Players have to kinda set up an ambush to stop the truck moving and take all the Ai out like normal missions. Loot should contain at least contain one explosive(any random) and some weapon and ammo.
P.S. Town mission in extreme rare case they spawn in the same town(both hero and bandit) maybe able to fix it?

• Bravo Bunny

Sneak010 Reply 7 July 09, 2015, 11:40:39 AM

The missions Loot i think is fair you get the odd gold loot in the town Mission which is a nice surprise. I like how in one of the crates you can pick up SPMG ammo as the boxes are now only bought in Bandit/Hero Traders! Thinking about in now Mustang you may want to add navid ammo also to the Bandit/Hero Traders as well? As for explosives that's not a bad idea maybe only the odd mine not a Satchel?? As for 50 Cal trucks are you MAD!? those fuckers are pin point accurate unless you are 900+ Meters out. In town missions you get the Hemit trucks dropping of AI In and out. I would like to see more loot in the town ai missions as they are more difficult to complete than the normal aircrash/stange device.

• Bravo Bunny

Jessedi Reply 8 July 09, 2015, 06:47:31 PM

Quote from: ShadowRanger;877
I think we should have the weapon convoy back, with some good loot in it and it should be cover by 2 50 cal truck and a hemtt with Ai in it to make it looks like a convoy. Players have to kinda set up an ambush to stop the truck moving and take all the Ai out like normal missions. Loot should contain at least contain one explosive(any random) and some weapon and ammo.

While that does sound like a great mission (if the 50 cal Truck is toned down) I don't think the extra 20ish AI on the server would be good for performance. Maybe a mission like that when there is <20 players on.

1337-420