News:

Always be safe, be smart.
Stay Healthy and Stay Safe.

Administrator

DirtySanchez

July 02, 2015, 08:30:04 PM
Humanitarian Posts: 933 Humanity: +1337/-420
Ok everyone,

Yesterday was a new day with the revamp of the Vehicle AMMO salvage and reloading script.
Then I went ahead and kicked ass on the HERO/BANDIT ONLY TRADERS.

Because of the stats/ranking system I took it as far as I could before the holiday came around.
A little over a week ago, I had a small idea about kills and deaths and possibly even bringing back the HERO and BANDIT Ranks.
Well most of you that have played now know that I took it much farther.

Day one, I had Kills Deaths and simple Rank tracking. I wasn't going to do a ton if the concept wasn't going to work out.
Simple means it was only Hero kill is -250 and Bandit kill is +250 and any neutral kill was -25. It was a concept and it proved it would work.

Day two, the concept worked and it was time to broaden the rank changes for kills. Expanded it to a change every 500 rank.
0 to 500 was -25 change, 501 to 1000 is -50 change, 1001 to 1500 is -75 change.
The same applies on the opposite end of the spectrum with a + rank change in stead.
Bandit kills now give +350 and Hero kills now give -350. Eventually if Epoch doesn't catch up I will set up an algorithm for better rank changes.

Day three, worked most of the day trying to understand a few new things about PublicVariables and EventHandlers and got caught in the endless loop we call the BIKI.....

Day four, Took to Hero AI and Bandit AI missions, with several failures possibly due to FuMS coding, but ending in success a new setup of HERO AI and BANDIT AI Town and Custom Missions went live on the server. Bandit AI kill = +10 rank, Hero AI kill = -10 rank. If you hit a Zombie Town or any other mission the AI will give you +5 rank.
The mission setup went smooth and has evolved a bit over the past few days with small bug fixes and varying of the respawn timers to provide maximum choices at first and a more limited more dangerous playing field as the server uptime builds.

Day five, rehashed old foes with the heals and revives no success. Moved into a possible Bandit/Hero's Only Trader system. Spent a while pouring over some already in use code to see if it could be duplicated with success.  Had to make sure everything was right and nothing overlapped with the other.

Day six, worked on other goodies. Now mind you during this whole time I am completely backing up the old server and my work and getting the new server up and ready for the big jigsaw puzzle piece together.

Day seven, took to the trader stuff and got it working, set the code in place to designate between bandit/heros and neutrals. went live with it as soon as possible, might be too soon but I had to complete the package so I can enjoy a few days off.

Website: http://DonkeyPunch.INFO  |  Discord: https://discord.me/eXpoch  |  TeamSpeak: ts3.donkeypunch.info

• Bravo Bunny
  • Humanity: +10/-0
I was think about the stats antilogarithm you currently have and maybe one possible change. Currently if you are a bandit and kill a bandit you receive positive rank. I think we should receive negative rank because as a bandit you don't care what side he's on, if you killed him you're the better bandit. I don't think a bandit killing a bandit should receive the full -250 points (I think that's what it is) but maybe just -75 points.

I have noticed all AI patrols are bandits which is perfect.

• Humanitarian
  • Humanity: +1337/-420
Yes only the HERO AI missions have hero AI... The rest of the server AI are registered as bandits CTF, Convoys, etc

I would like to make some optimizations to the stats system itself before we take it that far.

But as the name of the script says QUICK AND DIRTY, my hope is that Epoch will have the same system as A2 DZE had.
Website: http://DonkeyPunch.INFO  |  Discord: https://discord.me/eXpoch  |  TeamSpeak: ts3.donkeypunch.info

1337-420