Register

DonkeyPunch Community Gaming

GAME ON!!! -sTanG

News:

Now you can easily login to DP with Steam, Twitter, Facebook, GitHub, Google+, Reddit, YouTube +++.

Donkey punch Server Pop!!!

629 5 normal post

Sneak010

June 25, 2015, 12:30:37 PM
Bravo Bunny Posts: 27 Humanity: +10/-0
So this week for the first time in 5 months of playing on donkey punch I took a few days out to play on high pop servers to try and see WHY donkey punch POP is so low in recent weeks, After playing a couple of days on another server I think donkey punch has way to many extras on the server although I enjoy most of them I think they are too much for the average player. I have noticed massive lag spikes and D-SYNC on donkey maybe because of all the add-ons and textures. (Correct me if wrong)

I think donkey punch needs to take a step back I know how much time work and effort mustang puts into this server and confident everybody appreciates his efforts but something needs to happen fast for this wonderful server to survive.

These are only my thoughts and suggestions so please bear that in mind whilst reading my comments.

The first thing I would like to see is the CUP and ASDG mods removed for the sole reason that this will stop the average Joe from joining donkey punch server. Most players like me are lazy when it comes to mods and give up trying to log in after the second attempt of joining a server.

Traders
All blue dot traders to be removed if I die in game with in 15 minutes tops I am fully geared again (Press F4 craft a quad/Mosquito fly to ATM/Trader) I always by AP rounds to pester vehicles! On the subject of vehicles this also needs to be looked at, After playing 4 hours on a high pop I came across one vehicle and generally felt scared for my life as a player in game as had no AP rounds!! With in Donkey Punch if I see a vehicle its not a problem as I always have 15 clips of AP rounds to shoot up there ass. The level of respect for vehicles has been lost in Donkey Punch due to so many spawns on map. Vehicles should be a feared in game I generally was scared in this other server I was playing in. If I see a vehicle in donkey I will chase and do my best to destroy the vehicle kill the player.

There has been a lot of raiding recently and a lot of heat on players to stop as driving players away from server! Again whilst playing on other servers bases were rear and the ones I came across were very basic probably due to the fact of no Home depot missions something that may need to be looked at.

I think with in Donkey Punch we have been VERY Spoiled as a player with everything in game from vehicles/cars/materials on tap so to speak. players may lose respect for one other due to this fact I don't know??? open to suggestions.

Whilst looting I had to travel to maybe 3-4 towns to get fully geared I think that's what Donkey Punch has lost no body loots because of Blue traders and can buy what ever they like. The player in my opinion wont stay and play longer as maybe Gears up with in minutes instated of sometimes maybe hours looting towns/Missions.

Coming to an end on my thoughts Gentleman I just thought I would put a few suggestions out there and see what other community members thoughts were on Donkey Punch Server. WE Must work on getting players back in! When [ARC] first joined server pop was 70+ most days.

Many Thanks peeps

Sneak

:o
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 12:36:24 PM by Sneak010 »

• Humanitarian
  • Humanity: +1337/-420

DirtySanchez Reply 1 June 26, 2015, 12:52:16 AM

It's going to be a long weekend but changes are coming. You hit a lot of my concerns there.
I'm a,ready about 12 hours into the process but hopefully we have something rocking tomorrow by prime time
Website: http://DonkeyPunch.INFO  |  Discord: https://discord.me/eXpoch  |  TeamSpeak: ts3.donkeypunch.info

• Bravo Bunny
  • Humanity: +10/-0

Mr Loops Reply 2 June 26, 2015, 02:30:22 PM

This not just a DP issue tho. Over all, Epoch is suffering from low pop. Steam Summer sale, lack of updates, over use of AI to fill gaps, and a missing thing that forces players to take risk and get a reward in Epoch is missing. DP is the shit; I love it. My take is this...you can have fun looting and building up. But once that is done, you need something to do. AI mission? Or just run around to find a fight? When gearing up is "easy"...meaning you spent hours selling stuff to make money...but finding action is hard...that causes a loss of interest.

As of right now, Epoch has to deal with Rust (it is much better now and very fun), Ark, H1Zi, DayZ, Dirty Bomb, and AAA titles. I think DP has been adding to keep players and I think it worked but one man can't fix all of Epoch. I know he will try tho! I have been active in the Epoch web page bump-n our ad as well. The new thing might be to get back to basics, who knows?

Most of my guys (10-16) of them are doing other things until the next update.

• Humanitarian

DirtySanchez Reply 3 June 26, 2015, 04:42:29 PM

Yes Loops there are been some changes made on paper and are currently being drawn up.
Things will be changing here very shortly.

Also, have you checked out the stats system yet? yep still trying to make it better.
Some of the newer things will stay, however, there are a few errors still happening with the salvage script and it will be removed for now.
We will get a reduction in mission file size and some other changes will occur. More to come on that as they are solidified through testing.
I am about 90% sure CUP will be removed until CUP terrains makes it on the scene and CUP is widely known.

I am really really hoping to have this stuff done immediately but I don't think its going to be that easy.

Oh and yes a new IP will come with this change, I cant say too much on why but its gotta happen if things cant be resolved
Website: http://DonkeyPunch.INFO  |  Discord: https://discord.me/eXpoch  |  TeamSpeak: ts3.donkeypunch.info

• Bravo Bunny
  • Humanity: +10/-0

ShadowRanger Reply 4 June 27, 2015, 05:56:25 AM

Personally..all the vehicles with guns just ruin the server,except the 50 cal offroad. With Ghost hawk you can take out the whole Ai mission with no trouble and same as the striders. Only 50 cal can take them out with lots of shots and people with either one of them just dominate the whole server. The loot spawn is just simply pathetic(and apparently it's still call custom loot....I know it cause FPS drop for the server and make it very laggy, as mustang said about that) Now a days, I won't even bother to go into town to loot, just go to blue traders to buy gear and cars. The CUP weapons are just...pointless to me. Arma 3 itself already got quite a lot of weapons to choose from. Mustang, you maybe step back just a bit and turn the server back into simple as Sneak already mentioned.

1) Remove all vehicles with guns on(keep the 50 cal offroad)
2) remove CUP weapons
3) make it back into the old donkey punch which many people played

sorry for the bad English

• Humanitarian

DirtySanchez Reply 5 June 27, 2015, 08:46:06 PM

Ranger, I am on track with ya bud.

We are going to have a new IP addy in the next few days with upgraded hardware and some changes in regards to this thread!

Thanks man appreciate the value the community puts on the hard work here :)

1337-420