Register

DonkeyPunch Community Gaming

GAME ON!!! -sTanG

News:

@)@) Rona Boogaloo is here, check out Vagrants Paradise newest server creation on DayZ SA Community Servers

Thoughts on custom traders.

1064 6 normal post

Jessedi

June 17, 2015, 02:02:36 AM
Bravo Bunny Posts: 21 Humanity: +10/-0
I currently love the fact that if I need something it's just a trader away, but this has another downfall I didn't realize at first. With everything at the trader I don't go into towns anymore. I only use two guns and don't bother wasting time opening a cabinet. Though this is nice to get you back in the action quick it also takes away from what Epoch is. While a lot of people find this fun and say it's great until it starts to feel like playing Doom on "I'm too young to die" and you'll get bored of not ever having to work for anything.

One change that I think would drive people back too looting and using different weapons is to remove guns from the traders or a least the majority of them. This would also tie into the vehicle sales revamp that Oswald and I posted about. If you want guns, missions have them, AI have them, and players have them. This change may help with pushing players towards each other because completing a green mission has significant rewards.

• Humanitarian
  • Humanity: +1337/-420

DirtySanchez Reply 1 June 17, 2015, 06:11:12 AM

What ya thinking?

Remove a few Traders?

I've got some plans in the near future that you might like!
And hopefully it will lead into solving a part of your concern
Website: http://DonkeyPunch.INFO  |  Discord: https://discord.me/eXpoch  |  TeamSpeak: ts3.donkeypunch.info

• Bravo Bunny
  • Humanity: +10/-0

Sneak010 Reply 2 June 17, 2015, 10:19:03 AM

I must admit getting gear as soon as you die isn't a real dilemma simply go to a trader and i can fully kit my self out to the gear i like for roughly 500 Krypto, I would say cut the traders in half and do agree make vehicles worthless although saying that it seems everybody on the map has a fucking strider!! at the moment? If you go to a gold missions you can guarantee striders wondering around and can complete a mission with in minutes! this is probably another reason why players stay clear of missions in my eyes the strider is so OP at the moment i wouldn't mind seeing the black Market bought back into game play and sell rockets at a price this will make players think about just rolling on top of a mission wiping everybody out and leaving. Do the Ai have RPGS to counter act players at the moment? i don't think i have seen one on an AI ??  

Its a tough one on the amount of vehicles that spawn in server, Sitting on the fence on this one! When players moan they cannot find a vehicle i am some what rather amused with 240 okk spawns after re-set.

Just a thought Mustang can vehicles spawn in damaged or with out fuel just to make vehicles a little harder to take away once found??  

Sneak :o

• Bravo Bunny

swampfox Reply 3 June 17, 2015, 10:58:11 AM

I rather like the idea of AI having Launchers, as well as perhaps driving Tanks. It would increase the difficulty of flying around as well. Just some input. Not a deal breaker but it would increase the feel for survival. Perhaps have AI parachute into towns pre missions? I haven't seen that yet on this server but I may not have been near a town when they do if so.
 Keep up the great work. It doesn't go unnoticed or under appreciated.

• Bravo Bunny

Mr Loops Reply 4 June 17, 2015, 02:40:03 PM

I think it is fair to cut down the amount of BM traders. Some ideas:

Bring back old school traders at old school spawns...add an ATM...and have the map only have 2 BM traders....and or
A BM trader as an Event would be very cool too. Have the BM in a base that is guarded by AI. Clear out AI and BM trader will despwn in 10 mins....and or
Add BM traders at Cap the Flag events only.... and or
Have a Flare fired when a trade is done at BM...and or

I would agree that once your Bank is set...there is no reason to loot. This is good and bad. It is hard to say. I agree with the point of forcing players to one/two areas of the map is key.

Overall DP is doing really well compared to other servers. I don't think the BM trader is broken, but I think it could be a tool to use. Forcing players to risk a bit more and making it easier to find other players would be nice.

• Humanitarian
  • Humanity: +1337/-420

DirtySanchez Reply 5 June 17, 2015, 09:36:07 PM

haha Loops yesterday with all my updates the West, Central and East traders are back in their spots!

We are currently transitioning into the next phase of the blackmarkets!!!!!
Give it time this one will be fun.
Website: http://DonkeyPunch.INFO  |  Discord: https://discord.me/eXpoch  |  TeamSpeak: ts3.donkeypunch.info

• Bravo Bunny

Jessedi Reply 6 June 18, 2015, 12:56:27 AM

I wrote this before we talked yesterday morning. I'll hold to see the changes before commenting more.

1337-420