Register

DonkeyPunch Community Gaming

GAME ON!!! -sTanG

News:

DayZ SA development well under way

Scarface

June 08, 2015, 02:46:50 PM
Bravo Bunny Posts: 15 Humanity: +10/-0
I feel vehicles are still too overpowered because of the quantity, seems as though people ignore objectives (unless its gold/home depot). Ive seen 12 mosquito's on the map this restart alone from people spending 300 to fly around find a chopper +lift any vehicle they can, sell chopper/vehicle gaining 1k+ and create another mosq and rinse wash repeat.

I go do the green missions until it cycles a good one then miraculously people will show up for gold/home depot and pvp begins.

What are your thoughts on making vehicles near worthless to sell, forcing people to farm missions for krypto instead of vehicles?

• Humanitarian
  • Humanity: +1337/-420
Mosquito's are not on the lift list, do they have sling capabilities? nvm answered myself, NO they do not have sling.

So yes they are crafting mosquitos for about 300 for a temporary vehicle and they are flying to find another vehicle to sell to the traders.
Sounds legit to me, however after several weeks now of having our sweet new custom traders I will reconsider having 70 choppers on the map every restart.
We will tone them done a bit more to level it out.

I think I have probably the widest range of pricing for vehicles in terms of buy vs sell.
Some have already commented on it so I don't think making them even less would help.

GAME ON!
Website: http://DonkeyPunch.INFO  |  Discord: https://discord.me/eXpoch  |  TeamSpeak: ts3.donkeypunch.info

• Bravo Bunny
  • Humanity: +10/-0

Vehicle sales for the win, thoughts on a revamp?

Scarface Reply 2 June 08, 2015, 05:50:21 PM

Mosquito sling? Never did i mention this, i stated people are just farming vehicles instead of missions. If this is what is intended then by all means keep it that way. I was just offering a perspective from a player wanting to engage in more pvp, instead people are farming vehicles > objectives to earn krypto. Not just 1 mosquito is crafted by 1 individual, people will make 1 find a chopper switch and fly it to vendor lifting any other vehicle they can on their way. Selling chopper then crafting another mosquito and repeating. Imo taking advantage of being able to craft something out of nothing. Anyway its not a server killer nor does it really bother me too terribly, i was just curious if anyone else sees it too easy to make money off vendoring vehicles.

• Humanitarian
Hey Scarface, do me a quick favor and please reread my reply to ya.

I feel that you only read the first sentence and then replied.....   ;p
Website: http://DonkeyPunch.INFO  |  Discord: https://discord.me/eXpoch  |  TeamSpeak: ts3.donkeypunch.info

• Bravo Bunny

Jessedi Reply 4 June 09, 2015, 01:51:01 AM

Scarface I agree with you a little bit. I tend to search for vehicles during the off hours that I play during the week since no one is on. I can make 10k+ Krypto easy. Mustang told me today that he was going to look into chopper sale prices and may adjust them a bit.

What it really comes down to is like you eluded too, missions payout doesn't match vehicle farming payout. Since Mustang will be looking into the vehicle sale prices soon that may help push people into missions a bit more. What I don't think people know is that the town missions can have a crappy gun crate (still sells for 700-900 Krypto) or the equivalent to a Home depot and Gold haul mission.

You also have to remember not everyone wants to PvP. To some, farming vehicles is the Arma life. While both are valid game play styles, we'll just have to get the fine tuning of currency down. That will take time though. Two weeks ago I could have got into you flying base for 2k Krypto, Mustang saw that issue and adjusted prices to balance out the cost vs reward. Now instead of the 2k as before, I spent 30k and the "others" put in about 7K. Bringing up issues like the heli prices though is the best way for us to see the imbalance and help Mustang with our rational suggestions. (yes I think your suggestion is rational others may be a little far out though.)

• Bravo Bunny

Mr Loops Reply 5 June 10, 2015, 12:44:01 PM

Most servers.... sell a heli for about 2500 and the buy price is 2750. When that is the case what you see ppl do is "rent". You sell the heli and buy it back later so no one will blow it up.

Here on DP you don't see the trader as place to park and buy back. Yes you can still farm and that is smart to do. IMO I think this is all fine. As long as players are out and about, moving...this will happen. If you wanted to, as a player....you could kill all the traders but a few and set up traps with the one that were left. PVP time! (You would get a lot of hate tho)

Also, admin could cut the amount of traders down to just a few. That would make it more of a risk and you would then see more pvp around traders. All in all, I think all is well on this issue. Again, jmo.

Loops

• Bravo Bunny

Sneak010 Reply 6 June 11, 2015, 09:04:05 AM

This is completely of topic but is about vehicles!!

GMG MISSIONS Bring them BACK :) :) :) :)

Love Sneak:cool::p

• Humanitarian
Lolz a repeat of the GMG hostage crisis

• Bravo Bunny

Rex Reply 8 June 11, 2015, 11:12:59 AM

On GMG's: No. Never again. I wasn't even there for that incident and I know how bad it would be if that was back on the map.

On reducing the number of traders: I like this idea. Roaming traders should still be around but maybe only two or three of them per restart, plus the static traders. The fact that there's still a safe-zone at Limni Fish Market means that you can still perform (relatively) risk-free trades. PvP is a part of Arma and it comes at times when you want it or not.

On reducing the number of choppers: All about this. 70/243 vehicles on the map being helicopters is pretty big, but I've only ever seen one group on this server use them efficiently as killing machines. Flying a chopper is always a risk with the AI patrols (fifty caliber road convoys and flying miniguns) and players such as myself that like to use them for target practice. That said, a number as low as thirty or forty choppers should be plenty and actually make treated as rare as they should be.

Pricing: The fact that my chopper only sells back for about 2k makes it worth the risk of putting on my roof to store it. The fact that buying at the custom traders can sometimes cause a spontaneous explosion and loss of funds when the choppers appear inside trees or buildings. Vehicle pricing is already low and doesn't really need adjusting, in my opinion. Maybe increase the price on the HMG vehicles, that would be fine.

Farming vehicles to make money is a slow and steady income, I'd say. You're still at risk while you're doing this, just as much as doing a Gold Haul mission or Home Depot because it takes hours as compared to minutes.

However, I'm curious what everyone's thoughts are on the number of vehicles on the map. I'd be fine with 150 per restart. Just my opinion.

• Humanitarian
Thanks for all that info Rex, good stuff.

I will be reviewing those ideas as well as some feedback and making necessary adjustments over the coming week.

• Bravo Bunny

Jessedi Reply 10 June 11, 2015, 08:25:15 PM

On reducing vehicles, I feel like the boats are wasted resources for us currently.  I'm not sure if anyone even uses them.

During the higher pop times of the server are choppers still abundant? When I play at 5am EST during the week it's easy to find a chopper, but at 10pm on a Friday night they are a lot harder to come by. Reducing numbers may make it harder for us to travel the map at higher pop times. Also to maintain a healthy server pop new players need to be able to find vehicles. If they join the server and don't come across anything for 3 hours they may say screw it and never try Donkeypunch again. We need to have a good balance with the choppers that I personally feel Mustang has hit. I do feel though we could reduce boats and increase car/trucks on the map. With the increase of cars/trucks there could be a decrease in the sale price to correspond to the abundance of them.

On reducing traders. I can't fully agree with the amount Rex suggest reducing them by. With only having 2 or 3 as suggested there's to few traders and they will be to easy to camp. How you currently have it you are at risk but the bandit style player still has to make an guess on which traders will be the hot spot then sit and wait. Yesterday with 12ish traders on the map I managed to get 8 kills at one trader. If you were to reduce the traders by a large margin then I think we should have another safe zone trader on the west side of the map.

Maybe increase the price on the HMG vehicles, that would be fine.

I agree with this fully. (after I buy a new one) I feel like the HMG strider and infrit are slightly on the OP side as it stands. I wouldn't want to remove them because they do have a place, but I fell some tweaks could improve the QOL for the none strider owner/user. Instead of being able to have 3-500 round magazines for the strider. Maybe try 2-200 round mags (one loaded one extra) leave them at the same price to reload but makes shooting at everything cost more and put more risk into running out of ammo.

PS: Miss you Rex

1337-420