DonkeyPunch Community Gaming

GAME ON!!! -sTanG

News:

Always be safe, be smart.
Stay Healthy and Stay Safe.

doctorbutts

March 03, 2015, 01:18:40 PM
Bravo Bunny Posts: 9 Humanity: +10/-0
I think the mod is close to being updated and I didn't know how it would be implemented on server. I've heard a dozen different stories both about how things will change with Epoch and what is going to happen with the server.

Do you know enough about the mod update to comment on changes that will affect the server?

I heard that the server was going to be wiped for the update, because of the changes in the building system in 0.3. Is that true? Would this then just be a wipe of all user placed structures? Or of money and gear as well?

Do  you know how you will implement some of the other 0.3 changes? Things I have heard are no loot spawns with in x radius, the default no building radius, and things like that. Will those be passed on directly to the server or are you planning on changing some of those values?

• Humanitarian
  • Humanity: +1337/-420
Of course all the new default values will be looked at and considered based on population and player base.
Plot pole distances might change, the building limit per plot pole will definitely increase(by how much im not sure), Loot values will most likely be increased and then balance weighed and adjust it accordingly.

There are a lot of things to consider when upgrading to new goodies to play with.

I hate wipes and I hate discussing them too!
Based on the major changes in building and plot poles and other things, We are highly considering a wipe.
Website: http://DonkeyPunch.INFO  |  Discord: https://discord.me/eXpoch  |  TeamSpeak: ts3.donkeypunch.info

• Bravo Bunny
  • Humanity: +10/-0
Thanks. One of the other things I was concerned about was the talk about the restriction of loot spawning within x radius of plot poles. Will that be implemented?

For the wipe, would it just be a server/placed object wipe, or a character wipe as well?

1337-420