Always be safe, be smart.
Stay Healthy and Stay Safe.

Can we whitelist the server?

885 6 normal post

JungleDick

February 15, 2015, 09:25:13 PM
Bravo Bunny Posts: 10 Humanity: +10/-0
Hey all,

I feel like we would be dealing with these script kiddies a lot less if we added a white list system. Sure, it would suck getting everyone through the application process initially, but it can work (look at Arma 3 Life- they have a super in-depth application system) and I feel like given Infistar's poor track record (let's be real, infistar has done jack shit to stop script kiddies since the days of Arma 2 Epoch) the only real option here is to add a white list system. If we do it now while people are still interested in the server, we could potentially get enough people through to keep our rank high enough to stay noticed on the server rankings and continue to attract new people despite the application process.

If we don't whitelist it, I can't see a good outcome from this. I can tell the admins are sick of dealing with the script kiddies and obviously a lot of players are fed up with it because the player count has dropped considerably. If we keep doing what we have been doing (rollbacks, relying on infistar, etc.) I don't think we're going to get the results we want and the server will continue to bleed players. If we can pull it off, the fact that we are whitelisted and not getting hacked as much will serve to differentiate us from other servers who don't whitelist and continue to get hacked once they become popular.

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 09:27:31 PM by JungleDick »

• Bravo Bunny
  • Humanity: +10/-0

xNebulous Reply 1 February 15, 2015, 10:07:14 PM

I like the idea it would just be very difficult but yea I agree

+1

• Bravo Bunny

Ishbu.T.Balsac Reply 2 February 15, 2015, 10:10:06 PM

Can we just do anything? Just spent All the time after the reset fixing everything I did during the day only two glitching hackers come up, kill some of us, and take our truck,  and then unable to even try to kill them as they drove off because the server crashed again. This is starting to get absolutely ridiculous.

• Humanitarian
  • Humanity: +1337/-420

DirtySanchez Reply 3 February 16, 2015, 02:40:26 AM

Whitelisting is an option that is out there on the table.

I feel that if we had enough people happy with this decision we could move forward with it.
Website: http://DonkeyPunch.INFO  |  Discord: https://discord.me/eXpoch  |  TeamSpeak: ts3.donkeypunch.info

• Bravo Bunny

Jeffro Reply 4 February 16, 2015, 01:11:19 PM

I say go for it .Yes on whitelisting the server

• Bravo Bunny

MadHatterMemphis Reply 5 February 16, 2015, 07:22:30 PM

I agree whitelisting sounds like a good idea.

• Bravo Bunny

xNebulous Reply 6 February 16, 2015, 09:30:51 PM

I say start a poll

1337-420