GAME ON!!! -sTanG

News:

DayZ SA development well under way

Old Missions

585 6 normal post

1Man

February 18, 2016, 01:30:23 PM
Echo Locos Posts: 53 Humanity: +10/-1
If it only affects FPS on the specific server it is running on can you please bring back the old mission system, After talking with other players and noticing some players have not returned since they were removed is it possible for them to return. I would even be willing to lower the crate loot accordingly just to get them back.

• Bravo Bunny
  • Humanity: +10/-0

Old Missions

DScher Reply 1 February 18, 2016, 10:32:12 PM

Quote from: 1Man;1378
If it only affects FPS on the specific server it is running on can you please bring back the old mission system, After talking with other players and noticing some players have not returned since they were removed is it possible for them to return. I would even be willing to lower the crate loot accordingly just to get them back.

I agree with this.  New missions aren't really big enough.  10 or so AI, then you're done.  I miss the 30-40 AI missions and the aspect of attacking a base.

• Humanitarian
  • Humanity: +1337/-420

Old Missions

DirtySanchez Reply 2 February 19, 2016, 12:03:01 AM

Headless clients are not good for the server IMHO anymore, used to be but they currently fail my expectations dropping server FPS 20-30 just for the headless client...when I am achieving much more and building something bigger as you guys can see. More Ai roaming paratroopers its all going to come but it is going to be custom addons on my part. Gonna make it right, lightweight, compact with minimal performance hits :)
Website: http://DonkeyPunch.INFO  |  Discord: https://discord.me/eXpoch  |  TeamSpeak: ts3.donkeypunch.info

• Echo Locos
  • Humanity: +10/-1

Old Missions

1Man Reply 3 February 19, 2016, 07:09:06 AM

Well speaking of Roaming AI, they were not popular in the past and still not. We are doing missions and getting killed because of these roaming AI's popping up from all sides and very close which is very annoying

• Bravo Bunny

Old Missions

DScher Reply 4 February 19, 2016, 04:55:14 PM

Quote from: DirtySanchez;1382
Headless clients are not good for the server IMHO anymore, used to be but they currently fail my expectations dropping server FPS 20-30 just for the headless client...when I am achieving much more and building something bigger as you guys can see. More Ai roaming paratroopers its all going to come but it is going to be custom addons on my part. Gonna make it right, lightweight, compact with minimal performance hits :)

Understood on the headless client.  Not saying we need it, or even the exact same missions.  My main point is that the current missions are fairly small and pretty easy to complete.  Looking for something that's gonna take a half hour or longer to do even with multiple people.  This also increases the risk of another player or group sneaking up on you, since you'll be there a while.  More AI seems like the easiest way to do this.  How it is implemented server side doesn't really matter to me.

• Bravo Bunny

Old Missions

Blueops Reply 5 February 19, 2016, 08:11:49 PM

Maybe some DMS static missions?  We were running the saltflats mission for a while which was 30 AI, then 1-5 waves of reinforcements.  It would bog down the server a bit, but maybe if less Ai spawned it would be ok.  I really liked having to stay at the mission, and handle the AI reinforcements before the loot was available.  I will play around a bit on my test server and see what happens.

• Humanitarian
  • Humanity: +1337/-420

Old Missions

DirtySanchez Reply 6 February 19, 2016, 10:15:30 PM

I do agree that Static Missions are a plus and respawning AI with loot is even better. I do approve looking into a lighter weight system for this suggestion.
Website: http://DonkeyPunch.INFO  |  Discord: https://discord.me/eXpoch  |  TeamSpeak: ts3.donkeypunch.info

1337-420